Fashion

OOTD: Neon and Silver Linings.

By  |
OOTD-Melanie-Sutrathada-1 OOTD-Melanie-Sutrathada-2OOTD-Melanie-Sutrathada-7
Shirt – Old Navy // Shorts – Forever 21 (similar here and here) // Wallet – Burlington Coat Factory (similar here) // Shoes – Soigné Fashion // Jewelry – chloe + isabel
Life is short. There have been so many tragedies this past year with Robin Williams, the lack of closure for the friends and family of those who were lost in both Malaysian Airline flights, and everything happening in Hamsa. It’s absolutely crazy and mind-boggling to me. I cannot fathom why these types of things happen. With all of the negative things happening in the press though, I think it’s really important to look for the silver linings. Lace and Combat Boots is meant to be a positive, happy and inspiring place, and I would definitely consider myself a silver-lining kind of girl.
That being said, I think the aforementioned tragedies are even more reason to do what makes you happy. Take off your heels and run around in flats, bunny slippers or whatever floats your boat. Wear neon, studs, and zebra print all at once if you want to. Throw caution to the wind and jump into the unknown. There are so many things in life that we can’t control and it’s important to take a look at what we can.
OOTD-Melanie-Sutrathada-8OOTD-Melanie-Sutrathada-6

It’s important to step out and be comfortable in who you are (and definitely what you’re wearing). If it were up to me and I didn’t think I would get judged by oh, I don’t know, every person on the train or at the office, I would probably wear sweatpants every day. But since I can’t bring myself to wear them outside of the house, I’ve got to say that this outfit is probably the next best thing in terms of comfort and style. Maybe it’s the California girl in me, but there’s something to be said about a really comfortable vintage-style tee, high waisted shorts and a fun pair of boots. It’s relaxed, but has just enough going on to make it look like you tried.

The best thing about a comfy outfit though? It gives you more room to play. You don’t have to worry about pulling a Marilyn when the subway zooms past you or about constantly having to adust anything. That whole thing I mentioned earlier about finding a silver lining? Well, it’s a lot easier when you’re not wearing five inch heels.

OOTD-Melanie-Sutrathada-4

What’s been your silver lining lately? What about your go-to pieces when you’re in desperate need of comfort?

Twitter | Instagram Blog Lovin’ Pinterest | FaceBook | Google+

Photos by Guerrilla Photography

16 Comments

1. rebecca brumfield

August 12, 2014 at 7:15 pm

you must have gotten that bracelet from the sample sale :D
    i will make u skype me for the next one so i can pick some stuff out too! :)

• Melanie Sutrathada

August 13, 2014 at 2:21 am

I did! It’s one of my favorites. Let me know if you hear of one coming up – I’ll definitely pick out pieces for you too, Bec (:

2. jennie

August 13, 2014 at 1:54 pm

So cute! Comfortable outfits are the best, always good to be able to have fun without worrying about any fashion disasters! x

• Melanie Sutrathada

August 13, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Thanks so much, Jennie! I couldn’t agree more about comfy outfits being the best – I’ve definitely had quite a few potentially disastrous situations on my hands, haha (:

3. By The Shore, Life and Style

August 13, 2014 at 4:52 pm

So sad to hear about Robin Williams. And a big yes to this gorgeous outfit. Especially love it paired with the booties!! <3

PS – More hikes for sure. So therapeutic getting into nature!

V

• Melanie Sutrathada

August 13, 2014 at 6:42 pm

It’s a big shame to hear about Robin Williams. He was such a talented and funny human being. He’s definitely left a great legacy for himself though.

Thanks so much for your comment, V. You definitely made me smile and are a great motivator for spending more time in nature (:

4. Grace

August 13, 2014 at 10:23 pm

This outfit is lovely- so simple, but I love the pale colours together, they look so summery!

Your ring is lovely too!

Grace’s Beauty Space xo

• Melanie Sutrathada

August 15, 2014 at 2:44 am

It’s such a pleasure to meet you, Grace! Thank you for the kind words – summer is one of my favorite seasons and I always have a ton of fun getting dressed when I know it’s going to be beautiful out!

5. districtofchic

August 14, 2014 at 2:42 am

Such cute shorts!

• Melanie Sutrathada

August 15, 2014 at 2:43 am

Thanks so much, E! They’ve been a staple in my closet for years now (:

6. Rinda

August 16, 2014 at 2:09 pm

I love your boots! They’re so cute and fun!

• Melanie Sutrathada

August 18, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Thanks so much, Rinda! They’re actually really comfortable too so I always want to wear them!

7. Carmen Renee

August 18, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Love the outfit combo! Great boots to transition into fall with!

• Melanie Sutrathada

August 19, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Thanks so much, Carmen Renee! They’re definitely some of my favorites. Let’s see if they even make it to fall – I feel like I’ve been wearing them nonstop!

8. Casey

August 22, 2014 at 1:28 am

9. Pingback: Baubles And Bits Pop-Up.